Old 11-20-2018, 01:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Briansy

Smart recovery - how many meetings per week?

Hi there, I've been going to AA for the last 3 months and it hasn't stopped me drinking. I'm on a loop of 2 weeks sober then relapse, rinse repeat. I want to try to mix things up because while going to AA meetings helped initially, I haven't been able to stay stopped and last week I felt positively disillusioned with them for various reasons. I am by no means ruling out AA as a possible long term solution but I want to give them a break and try something else.

My question is - for those of you that go to Smart - how many days a week do you attend meetings? I'm assuming less than AA by virtue of how much less prevalent it is? Also, is there a point at which you stop when all seems to have gone to plan in terms of staying stopped etc?

The idea of going to meetings several times a week for the rest of my life in AA was the one thing that got me depressed about the whole thing. The idea of having a "daily reprieve" IF we rigorously stick to the program - that's a LOT of time in my own head until the day I die.

Finally, anyone here in the UK go to Smart? I'm in London.