Thread: Random thoughts
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 04:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MCESaint

Random thoughts

A few random thoughts as AW will, likely, be leaving in-patient therapy today for a "sober living" house.

1. It's been peaceful and quiet here. Oh, I've got a 4 y.o. so it's loud and full of noise (making car and train sounds); but no drama. To be sure, I sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed - a 4 y.o., an aging dog with a bladder issue, two cats (one a regular puker of hairballs), and my "drop in" 18 y.o. - and that "I didn't sign up for this single parent bs," but those moments pass. Not sure I'm willing to give up the peace and serenity.

2. I've tried to keep AW up to date on things going on with 4.yo. - sending her photos and video clips. Yesterday, for example, we had our first real snow in a couple of years - so took DS sled riding on the hill outside the house. He had a ball. Sent AW a video clip of him sledding. Alcoholic or not, she is still his mom. And, at a minimum, I want to show that *I* at least can "co-parent" in a way that helps *him* even if AW and I aren't living together.

(Please note: I'm not knocking on single-parents. I think we *all* thought having children we'd have a "partner" to help pick up the slack, etc. And, then, they're not there. And you go ... well, I wouldn't have a dog, two cats, and two kids (one 4 y.o.) had I remained single. Those aren't the choices I would have made had I *known* I'd be doing this all alone. It's just adjusting to it all. And, yep, I think about trying to find a new home for the dog - because I feel I just don't have the time to give him the attention he needs; but, ya know, the 4 y.o.).

MCE Saint