View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 09:28 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Meadow123 View Post
I am really struggling today at this moment..... I feel so sick in my stomach. The pain is unbearable... will it ever stop..... Why can't he be the man he was when we first met. I miss that man much
That man kind of never existed, he just showed you what he wanted you to see.

I'm not going to diagnose the guy but there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with him. I would say it's not just alcohol (although I suppose it could be) but based on that text he sent alone - please stay far away from him.

Try to remember that he is not two people. He is one person, the good and the bad. There is no separation of the two.

Have you heard of Psychological projection?

"Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others".

Since he seems to randomly pull these wicked things out of a hat and text them to you, it's possible he's just attributing to you what he's thinking.

Honestly, he could be dangerous. I know it's difficult to see one thing and then a complete 180, it's confusing for us. It's hard for the mind to grasp the two at the same time. Is he a lovely nice guy or is he a monster guy? Again, he is both, don't separate the two in your mind. That can take some time to come to terms with.

In the meantime, please take dandylion's suggestion about making a list, it really is helpful to look at when you see yourself thinking about what a "nice guy" he was.