View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 12:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MCESaint

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
You will have to completely ignore what she says. I agree with Dandy, when you EXPECT them to try and smear you, it's a lot easier. I found out pretty quickly who my true friends were. And, blood will ALWAYS be thicker than water. Which means her family will 100% side with her and also make you out to be the bad guy.

As Hawkeye said, she is the one who drove drunk w/your child in the car. Enough said.

I am really proud of you. You are going through a hard time, but protecting your child, which is the most important thing you can do.
Yeah, I know. I was married once before - so I know blood is ALWAYS thicker than water.

The thing is: if I were on a "full, all out war" nuclear war footing with AW, I'd have filed for divorce and sought a Motion Pendente Lite (i.e., an order in effect while the divorce proceeds through the court), asked for child support, etc.

And while *I* know those things (its my profession) - that is, I know I could have done a lot more and made it worse for her; she likely does not know that.

The step I took - a Child Protective Order - while not pleasant, it was still the smallest legal move I could take to attain my objective (protect our child).

Oh well.

MCESaint