Old 11-05-2018, 12:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
hopeful4

I think it's great it you can plan. I will leave a couple of things I had done if there were a just in case situation.

I kept all the legal documents at my work (I have a private, secure office). This way, XAH could not have run off with all of our documents and leave me w/out them. I made sure I had backup people who were aware of my situation who knew the severity of the situation and that if I called and said I needed help could come, NOW. I have heard recommended to keep an extra cell phone and set of keys to all vehicles and home outside of the home, as well as a packed bag.
I also removed all pictures I knew I wanted to keep as I knew my XAH was in no condition to preserve those for either of us. I did go back later after he was more stable in his own home and gave him many photos. I made sure my children's schools were aware of what was happening and that they should not release my children to my XAH, that if he were to come and demand to pick them up that they can stall and call me. They were very supportive of that.
I also made sure I had some money set aside.

Mostly, I made sure I had a support system. That is very important for your own sanity and well being.

Big hugs, we are here for you!