View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 10:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
honeypig

Changing around your living space can be a GREAT thing to help you feel better. I remember the whirlwind of rearranging what I had and wanted to keep as well as buying "new" stuff (craigslist, Goodwill, stuff from the curb on trash day) to make my house my own, instead of the place that XAH and I lived but minus XAH. It seemed like the universe was just dropping things into my path--a decent rug for the bedroom, a cheap basic stereo/CD player, a memory foam mattress from Freecycle to take the place of the 20-year-old futon that was about as hard as the floor.

When I look around now, I can't imagine how we BOTH lived in the space the way it was. I had NO private space of my own, and I really don't know how I lived w/o it. So much better now, less congested. Still "eclectic", if we want to use a nice word for it, but it's all things that I like and that make me happy to use or see.

November has some baggage for me, too, Glenjo. XAH moved out the day after Thanksgiving. Some years ago one of my younger sisters, who'd been getting treatment for breast cancer, received the diagnosis of brain/spinal cord metastases just before Thanksgiving--it killed her by the end of March the following year. Not my favorite month for memories either...