View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 10:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Glenjo99

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
Late autumn is always a melancholy time for me too although I don't have any specific diagnosis. I used to really take it hard, really felt bad, lonely and sad no matter my situation. Finally I learned to understand it as a necessary part of the cycle. The earth needs to empty itself, go inside, rest, in order to make a new beginning. And if I feel sad and lonesome during that time, it's OK--it's not forever, just like feeling happy isn't forever either. The only thing for certain is change...

Don't know if I've posted this link for you before or not, apologies if I did. You might find something in it: https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...iar-patch.html (Moving Out of the Briar Patch)

"rather than put your shell back on, why don't you move out of the briar patch?"

Really enjoyed that and makes a lot of sense. I'll try take that into this new week with me. I too know that November is usually hard for me but it won't last forever. Doing a bit of furniture room rearranging in house this week coming, to shake up the energy.