Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 06:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rd2quit

Thank you for they replies.

AtomicBlue - I am sure drinking has affected my health. I already feel better after two weeks and I am sure it will continue to improve.

Lorie1482 - Last Friday, a week after I quit, I went to a consultation for an outpatient rehab. It was ok, but I decided not to go that route. It was very expensive and they used drugs to reduce cravings, which I have mixed feelings about. It was also weird what the guy said at the end. When I told him "I would think about it over the weekend and I would not drink while I was thinking about it." He said "don't worry if you drink this weekend it does not make you a bad guy and you didn't go back on your word." I know people that are dealing with addiction are not bad people, it's a medical issue. But why would he say that to someone who is trying to quit and has one week sober? It just seemed odd.

Least - I don't think I had any physical withdrawal. I had a headache most of the day around day 5. I'm not sure if that was related to quitting drinking or not. My biggest concern is temptation. I am keeping a mindset that if I have another drink at some point I will get blackout drunk again, I will embarrass myself, I will wake up feeling like crap. This is truth, because every time I get blackout drunk I tell myself the next day I can't get "that" drunk anymore, then it always happens. Tonight is Friday which is always my big night. I'll make sure to come home right after work and spend the evening with my wife and kids.

So far I really like being sober. While I would get blackout drunk maybe twice a month, I drank most days. I would wake up 3 or 4 days a week with a hangover that would very in severity. Waking up two weeks straight without a hangover feels great!