View Single Post
Old 04-05-2003, 11:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
EmotionalMeg
Learning to love life...

Um, hate to tell you this... but there are no REAL signs of spring here in B.C. ... I have been at my sons soccer game all morning and froze my as* off! It was raining and only about 4 or 5 degrees. So while we may not have snow, we certainly aren't basking in the sunshine! :p he he... sorry. Am just still trying to warm up.
Hi Fat Cat... it's great to meet you - and another Canadian . I am on the North Island.
Anyhow, I think Gabe got it. It IS important to "do unto others", but we have to think of ourselves first. We are supposed to know and understand that our God is taking care of us, and he certainly would not be saying "go do whatever it takes to make everyone else happy"... right?
I have to admit that I am only new at discovering my own relationship with God. I have found that there aren't really strict rules of what to DO and what NOT to do. But matter at what stage of recovery you are at, and where you are at spiritually, it is never "healthy" to undermine and underestimate yourself. We HAVE to put ourselves first. I suppose I don't see standing up for yourself and YOUR needs as being selfish to others at all. And when you do something for YOUR own good, it feels right with you, and it IS right with God.
Oh and BTW, I think a Codependants Anon board would be great as well!
Well, take care...
Meg