View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 09:50 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Hi Mr Denial, quitting coke is hard, no question about it. But I have a feeling you have done harder stuff before. You don't need to lie awake at 4 in the morning with your nose burning running and your heart still pounding, that feeling of dread creeping over to say good morning. You don't need anything that coke has for you. It's time to break up with the White Lady, that lying, stealing, soul- crushing pile of misery.

The time will come, you know it will, when you will quit. Consider this from all angles now, take charge of this and pick a good time to quit. I have a feeling tho that there will be no time better than now, right now, as you are reading this. You CAN choose, you can treat this like you would facing down the threat that this truly is. You CAN exercise the ultimate control over this by making a plan to never use coke again. Ever. No matter how good you feel, how sad you feel, good news, bad news, it doesn't matter, you can make the choice NOW once and for all, and never have to deal with this crap again.

You deserve a life without this agony, don't you think? You deserve to have a bank account, you deserve to have self-respect, you deserve to have a family, you deserve to have a life with beauty and joy and peace in it it. And now is the best time of all to demand this life of yourself. And, if you think about it as I do, it will be 'now' whenever you finally quit, so how about right now?

Are you ready Mr Denial? Are you ready to make your plan about continuing to use?

I believe in you, I know you have this in you, everything you need is already there. It's time to perform that death defying act and make that Big Plan. Onward!