Old 10-31-2018, 11:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ayers

Lots of good advice given above ,Hopeforme.

I think you are very close to making that decision to stop for once and for all. You say you have had some sober time, so it shouldn’t be as scary as it is for most people who don’t have an idea what to expect. And you say you want this to stop. So there you are, no denial, no maybe, - you want this to stop now.

You also most probably remember how your life changed for the better, when you were sober. I cannot comment on the blackouts, because thankfully I never experienced that , just got very sleepy and in bed by 9 . But they sound scary. The driving while intoxicated – there was a thread not so long ago about a guy who hit someone while driving drunk. His life is in ruins , emotionally, guilt feelings, legal battles … you name it. Go and look it up.

But you are here now, which is a great way to start reaching out and making some changes in your life. We are all here because we are fighting alcohol addiction. You are one of many , but you are unique – we all are.

So hang around and post and read like you did when you quit before, And don’t drink. If I had to wait until I had a blueprint and a plan I would still be drinking, because I would use it as an excuse. Which is why I just quit one day , started posting and talking to others and heeding their advice. Once I had a clearer head I started with plans and ways to manage . But first of all, I had to say no to the bottle. For now, today, start with that. Don’t postpone until you are “ready” – stop drinking today, not tomorrow.

Good luck. Hope you follow through with your desire to stop the madness .