View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 08:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
atalose

I always saw my ex A as a human, but loving an addict is a very lonely place to be. While you continue to care about them they prove over and over how little they care for you and how much more their addiction means to them. It doesn’t just kill the addict it kills the family, the kids and all the people who tried to help them. I witnessed many times my ex finding the strength to get back up on his feet, ask for help and find recovery but he always ran back to the same thing that knocked him down. Eventually us loved ones stop giving more chances, we save ourselves and allow them to deal with their own poison by themselves.

I know many A’s who truly love their children but they continue to drink or relapse and that has a tremendously negative impact on the kids. Their emotional wellbeing as well as their physical wellbeing while in the care of someone under the influence or possibly under the influence is a very real and scary situation for the non A parent having to place the child in that situation.