View Single Post
Old 04-05-2003, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fatcat

Smile Religion and Codependency

Hello family

So many new names and some old ones since I last posted. To see this web page grow in leaps and bounds is such a good thing – it means more people seeking help and recovery. It feels good to be back – like coming home to visit family.

My struggle continues. Strangely, it is not about my husband/addict this time – it’s about “codependency” which rears it’s ugly head when I least expect it too.

My question is – does not religion promote codependency in a way? My religion (I am a grateful Christian) wants us to be unselfish in our dealings with other human beings particularly from the aspect of - do unto others. I’m struggling with my boss who is controlling and abusive inasmuch as she has (what appears to me) an uncontrollable temper of which I am the recipient of for what she calls mistakes and what I call simple errors. To make matters worse, it’s only two of us in the office. Being the classic codependant that I am, I take responsibility for everything that happens.

I have attempted to resign last week and was persuaded to take it back with promises that she would try to control her temper, as she has not been well. Should I do the Christian thing and accept this? Should I leave anyway as graciously as possible?
Should I leave only after letting a higher authority in the company know exactly what’s happening between us to protect my interests? Going by the last two days she has been trying, but (given my background), I am extremely fearful of her temper and do not want to actually wait around to see if it happens again. I don’t expect a leopard to change it’s spots overnight.

I love my job, I’m good at it, but to expect to immediately jump into another one in this market is unrealistic. I don’t have the time to go to interviews whilst I’m working. Financially I can (thank God) afford to be without a job for a few months. I do want to give it my best shot.

Finally would the good creators of this web page kindly consider a “Codependants Anonymous” board? Thank you for everything you’ve already given us through these boards.

Would love some feedback. Be safe and peaceful my family.
Fatcat