View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 03:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Wholesome

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
I think our bodies get an inflammatory response from drinking, and our cortisol levels go up due to that and other drinking stress, which makes us get the secondary condition of insulin resistance--that and the booze metabolizes as sugar, which is why we crave it.

Getting away from sugar all together, eating well and keeping carbs down has really accelerated my weight loss and my body letting go of the extra water it was carrying from the inflammation.

I still have plenty more to go, but alcohol really does damage our bodies as a whole, not just the liver. Time and care and staying sober will work their magic.
Definitely agree with all this. My inflammation levels were through the roof! I still have some health issues - it didn't all disappear after I quit, but overall it's much improved and it keeps on improving.

Like Bimini said, I'm also the healthiest I've been since I was a kid.

No amount of alcohol is good for anyone. It is toxic and bad news and I will never touch another drop.

If I had of truly understood that I could have all the things I have today and all I had to do was quit drinking to get them, I would have done this years ago. Addition thru subtraction. My mind was all twisted up though and all I could see was how I couldn't live without it. Seems so crazy to me today....