View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 07:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RUL23

Originally Posted by BillieJean1 View Post
It makes me so happy! I have this old pair that I love so much that I've held on to them even though they haven't fit in at least 6 years. I kept putting them away in the summer and pulling them out again in the winter all these years.... Well today I tried them on and they fit perfect, just like they used to! I'm wearing them right now

Putting on weight from drinking was one of the worst side effects for me. In fact, I found SR after an internet search over alcohol and weight gain. I hated how drinking ruined my looks. Good news is that in not even 2 years I'm back to what I weighed back in my 20's before drinking took over my life.

For all the folks sitting on the fence and still "trying", just DO it! Quitting is a non-activity, it's something you just never do again. It's a head game about stubbornly sticking to your guns, no matter what. Anytime the thought pops up it gets slammed back down with NO. There are literally infinite other things you can do with your life and your time and your consciousness. All kinds of things open up - but not if you drink. And it's not that you can't drink - it's that you won't drink - because EF that. You are here because of how much it is costing you. IT doesn't get to take anymore.

Take your life back. Fitting in my old jeans feels like a victory!
awesome post. Needed to read that this morning. Thanks!!