View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 08:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ladysadie

On all levels, this is a relationship enmeshment. At your age, you are just beginning to explore what a relationship is or isn't. At his age, his actions and reactions are destructive and set, basically. I would caution you to not waste your time on this guy. If you had any clue about codependency you are on a classic destructive course. The advice of RUN for your life is correct, don't think for one minute you are enough to make this guy turn his life around and get help/healed/fixed. Forget having children, if he is a monster to you, I can't imagine a safe and nurturing home environment to raise a child in. And if this guy is drinking on duty (a no-no in any state serving alcohol) he runs the risk of being sued (along with the establishment he works for) if something were to happen to a patron he serves. Think about him as a liability in your life. Is this really love? I dare say you will find that the abuse will continue to escalate in spite of any remorse, tears, or crying he does after he explains "I'll never do it again".

Ripe that rearview mirror off your car as you speed away and don't look back.