Thread: Self Confidence
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 01:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Buckley3

Originally Posted by cordeliatolear View Post
Aight, B....great post; this is some positive insanity I can get behind. I think I'll start a new thread in it's honor.

As to the apathy, no...I wish. A calm mind would have served me better as far as the booze goes, I think. And I was a teen in the mid 80's....mid 20's in the 90's.

I do like Tool as a studied model in music. Danny Carey's metronome like, lightning fast, and Bonham power is something to marvel at. Maynard is a force too (love the story of he and Bill Hicks as well). I think his side project's redundancy in it's title (A Perfect Circle) adequately describes the styles.

My tastes are eclectic though; I do find great inspiration in the complexity of Brahms, the humor in the Hayden's false endings, the sheer force of George Clinton's Atomic Dog and Maggot Brian, the songwriting genius (and playing) of Prince, the bombastic fun funk of the Chili Peppers...SO many more.

Thanks for the insightful reply. It made me smile, for real....and inspired my track list for today's workout.
Ha! Well written. I too am an eclectic maniac...

I can go from Tool to Chopin to Arvo Part's minimalism, the strings of Shostakovich, and then dig up some techno with the master Solomun.

I've wondered sometimes what people must think when they see my music collection....

Glad for the positive vibes.

-B