Thread: Self Confidence
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 11:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Buckley3

Originally Posted by cordeliatolear View Post
This is a huge issue for me, but it always merges with self respect as well...or rather self hatred.

I can also relate to the benefit you gain from stretching. For me, at about the 10-15 mark on the elliptical (along with carefully chosen work out music, I lean towards the darker hard stuff RATM, jane's addiction, NIN, etc) I begin to feel the endorphin/runner's high. As those two coalesce, I begin to feel good, powerful even (slivers, lol). I push the effort to failure levels and finish in the 40-50 minute mark. It's very positive in my recovery.

So best to you, for real. Great topic
I like your choice of music - great style. Another apathetic high-schooler of the early 90s maybe? F you I won't do what you tell me. Story of my life...

Tool is my go to. I mean... who does Yoga to Tool? Though I do so love the transcendental nature of their lyrics and music... their urging to keep pushing against yourself and what you've been taught.... to 'spiral out'... to see what is out there... and to look into your shadows and confront your demons. O if such inspiration could be in every bit of media we consume...

It dawned on me while doing my thing on Saturday that I really didn't care for whatever image is associated with the title Yoga. I was breathing... responding to what my body was communicating... inspiring myself with empowering and challenging art. It was my own unique thing and I need more of it. Pretty sure we all could use more of it.

I say quit drinking and playing small ball - go find who you are and what you do and then... do it.

-B