View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 08:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
clarity888

Thank you all for helping me. I don't know what I would do without you. Tonight we were talking and I told him again that the dishonesty and lack of trust is the hardest part. Somehow, the conversation we'd had last night (while he was intoxicated, which I suspected) came up. It was a conversation about sexual assault w/everything going on in the Supreme Court. Long story short, tonight he told me he was raped as a young man. He had told me about other abuse that happened when he was very young, but I had no clue about this. He also said his brain did a good job of keeping that put away for a long time. Note, he bought the fifth of whiskey before he even went into his remembrance of that incident 25 years ago. I asked him to promise me this week he will return to the M.D. who has him on Vivitrol or whatever it is, because I do believe he is and has been depressed, def. low self esteem, for years and years. I want to stay on my side of the street. But this shatters me. Thank you for listening. I am praying that this is the "more will be revealed", in a positive way. Am also horrified and upset and want to find the person who did that to him. What a f-ing mess. The conversation went from "can you go stay with your parents this week" to a hug and a promise to seek more help.