View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 02:17 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Willow00

Hi weekenders
Well it’s 7am Monday morning here in Oz. I have today off, so I’m relaxing with my first coffee of the day (bliss).

Glad you’re still with us Zoey it’s so good that you’re still determined to stop drinking and are straight back here you can do this. Together we’re stronger
I had soooo many slips before I finally quit drinking and I can honestly say I couldn’t have made it this far without SR. I tried so many times to stop but it didn’t usually last more than a a day or two, occasionally a week or so. I’m a week short of 5 months today, and it’s thanks to the support on SR.

Gilmer thanks for reminding me of how the buzz just isn’t worth it. A couple of times on the boozy holiday I (the AV) thought hmmm a nice buzz from just a couple of wines would be nice... I have to keep reminding myself and being reminded by others (because I forget) that sure, the buzz may be nice, but it doesn’t last and it inevitably leads to drinking more and more and more until the awful hangover cycle kicks off again, being permanently plastered or hungover... These reminders are good, and necessary to keep me from falling for the AV’s trick of just one or two....

Bim that gorilla is freaky. I agree that it can be likened to the AV. Starts out all innocence and then Bam! Knocks you right on your ass...