View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
clarity888

So...I knew taking this job was probably a temporary stepping stone to gain some experience. You see, at first I was told it was 30-35 hours per week, with 2 days of 9 or 10 hours split b/w two facilities and even more driving, and 3 days of just one facility w/just the hour there and back. Well, now they've made clear it's 3 days per week of the two facilities. This is due to it being a rural area, and lacking coverage. It paid well enough for 30 hours to get me by (the hour each way made 6 hours a day ideal). Now, I feel I HAVE to tell them I can't do the extra 3rd travel day. I want to tell them why. I can't be gone that much wondering what's happening in my home, leaving AH to do as he has before. Shouldn't I just tell them I can do either the original 2 days of travel, or maybe just the one facility at 30 hours, due to my spouse having medical issues? I don't want to cover up the seriousness of the "why"--I don't want to hide the seriousness that my son needs me around right now. Would you guys tell them about the alcohol issue? Has anyone ever done that w/an employer?