View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
clarity888

I don't know what to do, please help

I haven't been around in awhile. I finally got a job after graduating for a new career at age 45. Today I smelled the reek of alcohol and my husband lied and lied, 5 times at least. I sat by him in church, caught a whiff, and left, leaving him and our son while I waited in the car. He finally fessed up once we got home and our son went next door.

I left town Friday night and came back Sat. at 1 pm. He says he drank last night, while I was here, but I feel he may have been drinking before I got home. He graduated from beer to a bottle of whiskey "since it's easier than several bottles". He says he was embarrassed and that's why he lied.

He did intensive outpatient and had 100 days sober. I told him to call his sponsor, and that one of us needs to leave, because I can't trust him and I don't want to be a leg in the table that is this system. Our son will be crushed. I feel it would help in the long run to separate, but am afraid because maybe I should try to help him through this, it's his first relapse. I'm heartbroken, and my new job is an hour each way, sometimes I'm gone 7-7pm (3 days per week), so I prob would have to find a different job. This sucks so bad.