View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 10:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TropicalWinter

Clarity/my reckoning

I just typed this all out and lost it, so I'm doing it again but keeping it brief because I desperately need a shower...

The last time I started a thread, it was about how my divorce mediation was successful and all was good.

That is no longer the case. As often happens when dealing with disordered people, STBXAH moved the goal posts, so my lawyer and I decided to chuck the agreement and go to trial.

I'm now seeing the work of the Universe/Higher Power in this. The agreement wasn't enough to protect my kids.

See, the other day STBXAH showed up at my kids' school to pick them up. His speech was slurred, and his overall demeanor raised red flags with the staff about his sobriety.

Of course I took that info immediately to my lawyer, and even though there is no official parenting plan in place, she emailed his lawyer that I am suspending our current custody arrangement until STBXAH enrolls in SoberLink.

That's it in a nutshell. I welcome all encouragement and advice because I'm basically scared sh!tless about standing up to him. I'd still been living in denial despite all the growth and progress I've made, but I'm done. I see clearly now. I must protect my kids. I can't control the outcome of any of this, but I have to at least say that I tried.