View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kiki26

Day 17 huge trigger

I’ve been doing great. AA almost everyday, I have a sponsor and have been feeling gratitude and pretty strong. I’ve canceled a trip to Vegas, told most of my friends, been extremely cautious going to stores (anxiety because of the alcohol). I’ve been pretty on top of triggers ect.
I’ve been watching a family members dog for awhile while they were out of town. They came to pick the pup up, and gifted me bottles of vodka and rum from their trip. I froze. I was so not expecting that, which I should have, as we are big drinking buddies, whom I haven’t told yet that I have quit.

Man my alcoholic voice had a field day with this.... “Just give it to the hubby he can put it in his safe” “just hide it for a rainy day, you can’t waste alcohol” “you won’t drink it, just put it in the cabinet for guests” “don’t waste it!!” man it tried to convince me to keep it. I ended up smashing the bottles and throwing them away. Even when I thought to just throw them in the garbage i swear the voice said I could fish them out later if I needed too. Well what a day. Felt like I got hit by a bus after that ordeal. Next step tell EVERYONE in my life I have quit.