Thread: Scum
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 08:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by SaveHer View Post
I just don't know how to trust myself. This is the deeper issue here. Instead of focusing on his circus, I should be healing myself. I just don't know how. I work full time; I take care of our daughter with no help from him; I go to the gym three days a week, my only self care. That's my entire life.

Man, I haven't cried like this in a long time.

You have been under a tremendous amount of stress for a LONG time & oh, also post-partum & single parenting. How can you NOT feel overwhelmed!??!

I'm so glad you let those tears flow & I hope you feel a little better today. When DD was young, I feel like I cried myself to sleep every night out of sheer exhaustion & it felt like it would NEVER end.... but it did & it will for you too. While you can never control your Ex or the chaos around him, your DD will grow & so will your freedoms. It's just SO hard when they are this little & need 24/7/365 care & planning.

I can't make it better, but I can hold your hand while you cry & remind you that you aren't alone & that it will end at some point. Give yourself some credit for doing the best you can with what you are fighting against!