View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 04:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
LoveHateWhine

Good Morning, all. I am in!

I am getting ready to head out of town for a few days to visit family and to lend a hand with babysitting a young family member who has a disability in order to give the parents a break. The home is alcohol free (by their choice, no addiction issues) so there will be no temptations.

I had a wine craving last night after having a bad day at work. Won't go into the details, but I was treated very disrespectfully by a colleague. It was a verbal attack on the phone. I defended myself and threw it right back at them. Probably not the best way to handle it in hindsight. Anyway, I w as headed straight to the restaurant I was going to last week for Happy Hour and then a gal from my yoga class texted to see if I was going to go to class. I had been planning to blow it off and get the HH special, but instead, turned around and went to the class. Good move.

I do believe "things happen for a reason". I also had a good session with my therapist who is helping to identify the emotional triggers and how to develop a healthy path forward that does not involve reaching for the wine.

Everyone have a great day.