View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Angelachase

Fini- I've been struggling with exactly that! Last year he wound up in the ER twice with kidney failure. The dr said that his liver was fine, and that it was not alcohol related.
I've often said to him, "either you're drunk, or having a stroke, because something is clearly wrong!" Sometimes I'm very worried that in fact he's being totally honest, and NOT drinking, but that there is something much worse going on. He's made an appointment with a cardiologist, and I've suggested a neurologist as well. He passed out last week. just stopped breathing, eyes open, face bright red. and I had to slap him awake. It looked like a seizure to me. He thinks maybe blood pressure spike or drop. I'm thinking that upon seeing the cardiologist, perhaps he'll refer him to a neurologist.
I just dont' want to be looking for some cause of his health issues, looking for any other reason for him to be slurring, when the most obvious reason is that he's drinking. I don't want to be naïve, and make excuses for him, just because I WANT to believe him when he says he's sober.
Thank you, Fini, for suggesting that...it does make me feel a little less crazy. lol ;-)