View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 10:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
atalose

It sounds like you have already exhausted yourself trying to get him to WANT to fight for a happier life together with you.

The tactics that you have been using are not only unhealthy they are not working. The new tactic of a contract is nothing more than words on a piece of paper. What’s your plan if he says, I’m not signing it or agreeing to this?

But he says he wants nothing more but to be sober and stay that way. He just says he wants to do it HIS way
He claims that he IS sober. I just know that his behavior tells a different story.
Believe him! His words tell you what you want to hear but his actions show you reality.

Oh, and I have attended several al anon meetings...but I have to say the mentality I got from it, of either leave or let it be, is not an option for me.
I’ve seen a fair share of woman push their husbands like you are attempting to do with yours. The usually solution for the husband who wishes to continue to drink is to leave the marriage in order to put a stop to all of that nagging so they can just drink in peace as they wish.