View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 08:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Angelachase

Thank you. But he says he wants nothing more but to be sober and stay that way. He just says he wants to do it HIS way. He did inpatient rehab three years ago, and intensive outpatient for 9 months following. Since then he has sporadically attended meetings, but has never secured a sponsor. he was fired in February because they suspected he was drinking on the job, (which is what got him sent to rehab in the first place) He claims that he IS sober. I just know that his behavior tells a different story. Sitting by and letting him do it "his way" which is on his own, and without help, has resulted in nothing more than relapses that he doesn't admit to until I find out some other way, and a lost job.
I am trying to keep our family together, by giving him other options.
As I said, he CLAIMS to be sober. Yet he's never admitted to a relapse, however, his inpatient stint was almost 4 years ago, and when asked, he'll say he hasn't drank since January.
I don't know that the written contract will change anything, but the interventionist thinks it would be beneficial.