Old 10-01-2018, 02:06 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
MantaLady
Ocean Lover!

Another weekend in the bag! Well done to all the weekenders

LHW - Your friend is more than likely terrified, exhausted, despondent, hurt, frustrated and feeling trapped. Whilst no-one likes to be at the end of someones backlash I doubt very much she feels happy for lashing out which is yet another thing for her to beat herself up over. It's an aweful situation for her to be in, I can't imagine what it must feel like when you are on high alert all the time just waiting for that next phone call to say your brother has died, because it sounds like that is where she feels she it at.

For me I would look at my part or contribution to this outburst too. You haven't been honest with her about your own addiction so to her your comment might feel like the many well meaning but unhelpful comments from others she has had who don't understand addiction or what she and her brother are going through. I know for me that I can get frustrated with anyone who is a "normie" that tries to offer me advice, they just don't understand and I kind of wish they would keep their comments and opinions to themselves (I have to work on that I know). Just my 2 cents worth and I will say a prayer for her and her brother when I meditate today.

MB - Wishing you strength this week. You have hated this job for a long time now, just be mindful of that and the reasons you feel it is time to move on when you have your conversations with your boss this week. From personal experience when I have (and others I know) given notice and then been convinced to stay it's never worked out great. The promises made never come, things don't change for long and all of a sudden I am trapped again and feeling hopeless. A change of scenery, new people, and new company and new challenge may just be the thing that helps you get out of the funk you are in. Wishing you lots of love and hugs xx

Willow - Thinking of you and sending you healing vibes across the ocean! Nothing more I can say other than keep strong and be kind to yourself. xx

I am feeling a little bored and directionless at the moment and I know I need to get on top of this and tweek my recovery plan. Leaving these feelings unmanaged is a recipie for disaster and not sure what do to about it but I am going to do my best with the knowledge I have gained so far, it's all I can do! On a positive note since I got back from rehab I have lost 18lbs in weight and 4 inches off my waistline so feeling pretty chuffed about that. Right, time to turn the computer off, get my trainers on and go for a walk in the sunshine otherwise I will sit here all day in my pj's and get sucked in to watching rubbish TV which is not going to help solve my boredom problem any!

Take care everyone and be good! xx