View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 04:35 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
NerfThis

Originally Posted by bunchie View Post
Darin ,
I really admire your honesty , and if you can drink 1-2 drinks a day and stop , then in my opinion you are not an alcoholic

I personally have to disagree with that one and the fact I could also do that was the reason I signed up to this forum in the first place. I couldn't understand how on some occasions I needed no alcohol or was happy with one drink, but on other occasions completely out of control. I gave up alcohol two months ago, but prior to that I could EASILY go out on many occasions and drink one drink with no craving for more and no need to actively try to stop myself drinking more. On other occasions I'd get hammered with my friends, then the following two or three days I'd need to drink. Drinking just one drink on certain occasions, but being on out of control Friday-Monday benders on other occasions makes me an alcoholic.

These things only get worse, which is why I cut my drinking out entirely now while I'm at this point and not when it's SERIOUSLY out of control, which it will be if I continue. The OP already suffers withdrawals and actively puts effort into moderating the drink, rather than simply drinking one drink for enjoyment like normal people do.