View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 02:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mellybug

Just for me, just for today, I will allow myself to feel my sadness and sense of loss; wallow in it for a few hours, and release it.
I have been dog-sitting for my dad while he is out of state working until December. The time has come to have her put to sleep - she’s old, has medical problems, and is suffering. This is going to be really hard since I’ve known her her entire life. I have discussed this with my dad and he knew it was coming. I feel very sad and will grieve her loss.
I recently reconnected with an old friend and after an incredibly fun evening I declined the offer of sex. Sure, we used to fool around all the time in the past, but I’m not the same person anymore. He has ghosted me since. I acknowledge that I feel rejection (by a man I don’t want a relationship with anyway?!?!) and will allow myself to go ahead and feel it, cry for the “loss” - we were friends for 24 years - and let it all go.
I don’t even need to speak of the pain and anxiety I’ve been dealing with going no-contact with my AXBF...most of us already know too much about that.
I took the afternoon off from work so that I can take my dad’s dog to the vet and then come home and just “feel”. I’ll cry my heart out and grieve for all of the recent feelings of loss. I gave myself permission to have this one afternoon for that. Then, I’ll pick myself up, dry my puffy eyes, and get on with the healing!