View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 04:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
eBeck

Unhappy Struggling with Wife in Rehab

I'm new to the forum as I'm trying to find healthy ways to deal with my resentment towards my wife in rehab. This is actually her 2nd time and after 2 1/2 weeks she seems to be doing actually quite well. But I can't get rid of my resentment and anger towards her and it's driving me crazy, because I know I need to be happy and encouraging her recovery, because it's the long run that counts not right now.

I've tried 4 different Al Anon meetings and it's just not for me. Her rehab center hasn't done a single family session yet, which has been tough.

Did anyone else experience such incredible resentment while your spouse was at rehab and all the care and attention they get, while you are rewarded for not making poor decisions by having to solely run "real life" responsibilities. I'm beating myself up for having these resentments and so wish I could just be cool and supportive with her recovery and tell her don't worry, I've got home covered, while you work on getting better for the family. Why can't I do that. Ugh?

Thanks All