Old 09-24-2018, 10:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Gerard52

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Way back in Jun 2016 I was in Mexico at an all inclusive resort. Free food and booze all day and night.

My wife took all the water bottles in the room on an excursion. I got up, was thirsty and decided to drink some water out of the tap. I figured it was good water because it was a nice American style hotel.

After I drank a belly full, I decided to ask room service if the water was safe to drink. They said....oh no...don't drink it...you will get Montezuma's Revenge.

I remembered that alcohol can kill water born bactieria so I decided to drink a shot of whisky to kill the bacteria. It was a medicinal decision that SR folks advised I should reset my sobriety date.

I didn't take the advice, well sort of didn't. Anyway, when I did the shot, it was like a wave of evil passed through my body. I almost said...line em up. I saw these drunks staring at me smiling.

I left the bar and ate a bunch of food and worked out.

I made it through the relapse or whatever it is call when you intentionally do 1 shot for medicinal reasons. Either way a similar thing happended about a year later. Same sort of scenario. Same advise.

Bottom line is 140 days clean is a ton of clean time. Don't drink anymore and you can keep the date like I did.

Up to you.

Thanks.
That June 2016 shot or was it half shot. The most famous shot in the world.