View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 08:18 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
TeeJayVerm

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
I love your honesty darin. You're on this road and you'll find out what you find out, you know?
I agree. As I said earlier, it is a process. We all are on this road and we are at different stages of our journey but the stories are all similar. In the end, it is a personal choice.

In your case, you are coming into a self awareness process earlier than a lot of people, which you will find out is a good thing in the long run.

In my case, I made a post in 2011 and didn't revisit the forum in 2018 and only found I had only slid further down that slope. I wish I had started with and stuck with this process when I first posted in 2011. As it is, my process in 2018 has taken six months... and it definitely has not been an efficient one. I hope you get to where you need to be faster than I did... and I suspect many of the others have.

I think making sure you come back here regularly will help get you to a state of mind you need to be faster. Don't make the same mistake I did and wait 7 years then go a week or two without checking in. Even if it is not this forum, make sure you have a support network somewhere. My biggest mistake has been not relying on that network when I really needed it.