View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
LoveHateWhine

Hi - I'm in for the weekend.

Had a couple of minor slips this past week, but I march on. The psycho-therapy is really helping me a lot, helping to realize that I have been using wine to numb my pain, something I have denied for a long time. I have always said I am not trying to numb anything and that is just not the case. Now I am working on the intense personal issue that I am numbing. One thing I am noticing is that without the alcohol, these feelings are exposed and my tendency is to want to "take a pill" to make it go away (rhetorically speaking). Hopefully with the help of my therapist, I can figure out how to feel better without anesthetizing my feelings.

So.....I have battled loneliness for a long time and have two social events this weekend. One tonight and one tomorrow afternoon. Both were invites extended to me, not the other way around, which is something that has rarely happened. I have longed for that, but I feel like hibernating and isolating instead. I won't, I will do them. I need to do them. Baby steps, right?

Hope all have a good weekend and I will check in periodically.