Thread: Being Lied Too
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 03:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ladybird579

Being Lied Too

I was lied to by my exah for 25 years. He still lies to me. He will snigger about how gullible I am to my sons. My son hate him lying and do not trust him or anyone else much either. They assume cos he lies most people do. I'd liked to tell them that is not true but unfortunately I seem to attract liars into my life.

The latest is a female friend of mine who admitted finally she has lied to me constantly since I met her over a year ago. She only came clean cos I sussed something out that didn't add up. Her excuses for her lies was she didn't trust me. She says she is paranoid but the lies she told me were ridiculous and not even about her. EG. in answer to me asking have you seen such and such a person recently which was just small talk when we were out for a coffee type chit chat. She'd answer with the opposite of whatever the truth was. I put the phone down after her confession and have basically decided to avoid her from now on. I feel sad that she treated my friendship to her in such a way.

It got me thinking who else in my life constantly lies to me and I've realised there are quite a few. I decided my boundary is they are history. Am sick of being treated like rubbish by people who cannot even be honest with me about simple things like have you seen so and so recently? I need to work out why I attract liars of both sexes into my life.