Old 09-14-2018, 08:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

Hi Free! I’m so glad you posted here when you felt you needed support. I wish I had done that prior to my previous relapses. After that, the last time I felt strong urges, I did come back here a couple months ago, and it was a game changer for me! So helpful. Anytime I feel weak, I am trying to remember to reflect on Step 1. It has been very deep for me. Going through the steps are really helping me. I’m trying to remember all those previous relapses, all the times I created problems from drinking, the close calls I had, how bad I felt about myself., down to all the specific vivid memories. Then I reflect on how far I’ve come, how much better I feel about myself and my life. How a short temporary period of relief from giving in to a craving will just cause a much longer period of pain and consequences (to my psyche and well being if nothing else) and if I can just ride out the storm, I’ll feel so much better about myself. And the craving will eventually go away. Can you distract yourself with so,etching else while you are feeling this way? It helps me to lay down and mediate with my meditation app, go for a run or a drive. Of course, coming here as well. Stay strong. You can get through this!