Old 09-14-2018, 01:31 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Pathwaytofree

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
Is she? I hear her say she's "research based" - her theories are developed from what came forward in the data & while that's science/logic at work in compiling the info, very little of her findings can be labelled as "science" in my perception.
Hmm. I guess for me I equate "research" (proper research) with "science". But I understand what you're saying.

I think we're finding in today's world that the line between science & spirit is getting thinner & there is a lot more crossover in belief systems than ever before.
I notice that, too.

I agree - your friend's opinion is hurtful & not helpful at all. It sounds like she's so invested in her path that she can't accept anything outside of what she knows. She takes it personal. That's not cool. Maybe she could benefit from reading the Four Agreements too, lol.
That's a helpful way of viewing it. Thank you for pointing that out. It is sort of strange because she seems to have blinders on regarding the positive psychology vs anything else. LOL I am curious now if she's read The Four Agreements! xoxo Honestly it floored me to hear a therapist say that depression is a person's own fault. To me that's no better than telling someone with bulimia to just not binge and purge.