Old 09-14-2018, 09:06 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by Pathwaytofree View Post
Brene Brown is science-based.
Is she? I hear her say she's "research based" - her theories are developed from what came forward in the data & while that's science/logic at work in compiling the info, very little of her findings can be labelled as "science" in my perception.

She deals with shame, vulnerability, blame, scarcity, creativity, etc. What appealed to me most about her books is that when she discovered what the data showed, it forced her to take a hard, internal look & she let it sit for 2 years while she examined what it showed her about herself. (because her findings didn't line up with her expectations) When she speaks, she shares examples from her Real Life & that made her relatable to me in a lot of ways. Not only the examples themselves, but her willingness to put her vulnerability out there at all.

I think we're finding in today's world that the line between science & spirit is getting thinner & there is a lot more crossover in belief systems than ever before.

I agree - your friend's opinion is hurtful & not helpful at all. It sounds like she's so invested in her path that she can't accept anything outside of what she knows. She takes it personal. That's not cool. Maybe she could benefit from reading the Four Agreements too, lol.