Old 09-13-2018, 08:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
rayna87

Originally Posted by SoberRecovery22 View Post
I experience an extremely rare form of alcoholic hallucinosis. 1% of people experience visual hallucinations.

I say experience because it happened to me before...and the experience kept me sober for the first time in a decade for 2 years with no help. I recently had a falling out with my job and fell into depression.

I'm such a ******* idiot for doing it again. I drank nearly 2 handles and a pint of vodka over the course of nearly 3 days. For what purpose? I barely remember it.

Day 1 it starts with sweats to shivering to a stink I hate myself for. I puked on my floor and I don't have the strength to clean it up.

The visual hallucinations start about an hour in. At first they are open eyed. Seeing wallpaper on the walls, spiders, bottles of vodka Eveywhere, I mean everywhere. The closed eyed ones and the auditory ones are what is peering into hell under my eyelids. They spell out text. KILL YOURSELF, WE WILL KILL YOU IN HELL, THIS IS HELL **** YOU **** YOU. This is followed up with horrific graphic images of dead people. Sometimes from WW2, sometimes people being maimed as if they were right there in front of me. It's awful. While these are happening I hear voices "loser" sounds of the door opening or the wall banging. Day 2 is just as bad with no sleep. Afraid to move. Sometimes I close my eyes and it's a beautiful woman who proceeds to kill herself or snap her own neck. I have never experienced something so horrid and real.

Now I'm running into day 3 I need to sleep, the visuals pare still there but faint aren't enough for me to sleep. They toture me when I close my eyes. All will seem fine and then a demon is on my chest 2inches from my face. They faded so much it's like he'd be in a dark bedroom. It's scary as hell and I can't possibly sleep until it's completely black.

I need to clean my room, I need to get back in touch with my friends. I need to change my life. Rent is coming up and I need to start a course of action now but I did this to myself instead. I'm typing this on my phone and i can't even use the computer
I don’t mean to be blunt or harsh but there’s no reason to sugar coat this given what’s at stake....my uncle was a severe alcoholic and when he tried to quit cold turkey when his daughter/my youngest cousin was coming home from college, he experienced something very similar. He felt like he was covered in snakes, saw snakes covering the walls, and he scared the **** out of my aunt so badly that she begged him to drink his vodka to make it stop. He died not even a year later from the effects of alcoholism. Again, I hate to just bluntly say that and don’t mean to scare you but at the same time....this sounds like something that needs a doctor’s help. Please take care!!!