Old 09-13-2018, 04:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hope1989

Feel like catching up, tapering off Benzos, "sober"

Hello there. Tomorrow I will be one month sober.

Well, let's say that this post is mostly therapeutical for me. I'm tapering off Xanax, I'm already down to 0.25mg which is the absolutely minimum dose and will try to get off it in around two weeks (I do it very slowly because I know the withdrawal symptoms are not fun whatsoever).

To be honest my lifestyle, which around ten years was basically binge drinking my brains out every weekend affected me physically and morally. I have become socially awkward because despite daily interactions are normal (at work), I have become somehow awkward in leisure activities, I feel very uncomfortable with myself.

The hardest part for me is that I've always suffered from anxiety and OCD. Now I realize that one of the reasons I drank is to deal with this. Because this to it's a terrible sensation. But again is either this or probably die because of alcohol.

As an expat, I'm feeling pretty lonely, especially, because now that alcohol is of the picture ( I know that there's a lot of activities out there that don't require alcohol), I don't know where to start. It's a learning process, I should start from scratch.

I just hope I can do something not only to beat alcoholism but also to control my anxiety.

I want to send out a hug and a lot of strength for all of you out there fighting the good fight!