View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 02:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Primativo

Originally Posted by Gerard52 View Post
Allergy to alcohol does not exist that is 1930s myth that AA have since publicly withdrawn. You both had hangovers and by sounds of you went harder at it so got a bigger hangover. From your post you were drinking even before arrived.
I agree I went harder so experienced a bigger "hangover" the next day, I suppose that is part of the problem. I go hard, so feel worse, so more likely to need to drink again to feel better. It's a vicious cycle. Unfortunately I always drink to get drunk, so my chances of feeling so bad I need a drink the next day is probably about 90%. If I drink the next day, the chances of me drinking on a third day is about 50%.

Then I am at risk of going on a binge.

I do know that for some reason, psychologically, I am unable to cope with the elevated anxiety after a night of drinking. That is what led me to self medicating with alcohol. Whatever the reason, I am more susceptible to the hangover effects, more unable to deal with them, I find hangovers for debilitating. I literally cannot function.

On top of this, once I do drink, I have an inability like many in the population, to call it a day after a few drinks. I have to drink until I am drunk. SO this, on top of my issues with dealing with severe hangovers, creates a cycle of problems which led to me to have a dependency.