Thread: Two weeks sober
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 06:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
eyes99

Congratulations!!! Two weeks is HUGE! I remember when one day felt impossible - 2 weeks is an amazing accomplishment.

Everything you said sounds familiar and normal. Romanticizing alcoholics- did it. They were often the coolest, most interesting people in the story. Tortured, brilliant, funny, talented - that’s me, right?? Lol. The shows never tell the end of the story, when they’re alone in a hovel or on the street or wasting away in a hospital bed.

As for the dreams, anxiety - total normal ime too. It just shows how out of whack your body had become with so much alcohol. It should all settle down. For me, it’s still settling down at 3 mo sober. The bad news is that if you take another drink, it will all go right back to where you are now. The anxiety got worse every time I tried to go back to drinking.

Sleepiness - let your body recover. All of its systems are readjusting. You won’t always be so tired. And if you think about it, how much good rest did you actually get when you were actively drinking? Passing out doesn’t count. Your body may be making up for lost time. The best thing that you can do is listen to it and stay hydrated. Your body knows what it’s doing.

Congratulations again and here’s to another two weeks and another and another. Life really is better on the other side.