View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 04:41 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
SnazzyDresser
sober style

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
Thanks Gilmer! I'm not practising any religion but I'm Jewish by heritage so I do still care a little bit about it although I grew up with Christian inspired traditions like a Christmas tree and -dinner and Easter eggs.

I think I just accidentally killed a spider and feel pretty bad about it. I like them very much. I was moving around some boxes and I squished some of its legs. They have so many so I hoped it would still make it and put in on my window sill cause there are often dead flies and it wouldn't have to move much to find food. But since I put it there, it hasn't moved the tiniest bit and looks all curled up with it's legs... I'm sorry little spider.
We're always looking for new recruits on the Buddhist team, sounds like you've got the right stuff for it!

Tbh I don't consider myself a full-fledged Buddhist at this point, but I'm finding their ideas to be very useful and worthy of more attention. I'm even meditating 2 hours a day! But I'm still killing a roach on sight as of right now.