Old 09-06-2018, 09:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
bexxed

Heya, LG. Congrats on 5 months.

There’s a difference between being direct and being tone deaf. I liked the poetry comparison, too.

I come here still, after two years sober, but have my times where I disappear IRL. I’ve found that it helps keep me rooted.

Sometimes I don’t have it in me to respond to people, and that’s ok. Sometimes I just read and say a little “prayer”. I like that the button here isn’t a “like” button but a “thanks” button. I’m thankful, grateful, for peoples’ words - of pain, joy, hopelessness, gratitude, the whole gamut we see here.

I feel like a rockstar being sober this long and I have a lot going for me. I’m a changed person. But I’m still one drink away, even with everything I have, on the inside, outside, and swirling in my understanding of the cosmos.

Here’s a direct line for you: be careful making huge changes too soon. I’m really glad I’m retrospect that I didn’t. Five months is good - really good, and feels like a long time but it isn’t, with the perspective of how long you pickled for. Don’t get ahead of yourself.

I’m so, so glad I didn’t do some of the stuff I almost did in my first year. I had to get to know myself again, and it didn’t happen quickly.

Be well, friend.

B