View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
kevlarsjal2

Originally Posted by AintDeadYet View Post
Thanks for the replies!

kevlarsjal2--I think you're on to something about my fear of being boring and feeling uncomfortable in the role I play in my life. Although, my life has changed drastically (for the better!) in the last few years, and I need to update the mental image I have of myself.

I work in a creative field, and playing the rebel has actually paid off in the past, and still pays off in terms of getting hired to do work outside of the mainstream. But I'm at a point in my life/career where I have the potential to do things I could only dream of a few years ago--I just can't do them drunk.
Thinking more about it: You can still be a rebel without being drunk and without being bad. A bad guy is just a guy with bad intentions or bad manners. Who likes that really? I think it's only some teenage boys who find that impressing or cool...
A rebel, someone who has revolutionary ideas, those are most often the inspiring characters. It doesn't mean you'll have to be the bad boy though. Revolting against the norm, thinking out of the box,... all of that is possible while being respectful to others and sober. It won't make you boring but probably just more pleasant to work with.

And I've yet to meet a person who's more interesting when they are drunk! (Although this is a common misconception drunks have about themselves, that they are more interesting when they drink)