View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
kevlarsjal2

Hi AintDeadYet

Now that you are aware of this... how about you ditch that 13-year old rebel inside of your together with the booze? I don't think listing to him will lead you anywhere good.

I mean we all have those struggles. Where our short term impulses lead us the opposite direction where our long term goals are.
Just ask yourself, how will your life look if you behave like a revolting teenager? Will it get you where you want to be? If yes, then go for it. If not, then don't act on these thoughts. Most people have thoughts like that sometimes, where we feel like giving our boss the finger, quitting and walking out the office to never come back. The trick is to not act on those thoughts.

Another thing you could do is to try and find our WHY you want to rebel. What against? Do you feel uncomfortable in your role in life? Maybe if you change something, you will no longer feel like you want to rebel.
My ex had similar thoughts sometimes, where he wanted to be a "badass" so that people would find him cool enough and have respect. So in the end it was only his fear of seeming boring and others therefore looking down on him and not taking him seriously. Not saying that this must be true for you, but it can be interesting to have a look at why we feel the way we do.