View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi Katman

I had to work hard at building a sober life I loved - nearly all of my friends drank like I did, and drinking was the only glue that held us to together....so they all fell away.

Fortunately I had old friends with whom I reconnected, and I made new friends who only know me as a non drinker.

I thought fun came from a bottle too but I'm sure if you look back on your life you'll find a time when you didn't need to drink to have fun.

Its a mental adjustment that takes a little time but I have more fun now than I ever did as a drinker and a busier social life too.

I know change is scary - I tried to live my old life just with me as a sober person - but it never worked for long - my old life was geared to drinking.

First you take a sip, then a little glass, then just one drink...then you're back in the web,

I don;t need to tell you thats pretty dangerous - it's probably more good luck than anything else that you haven't had a 'proper' relapse?

think about change...if you think about what you want from your life, you're already part of the way there to making it happen

D