Old 09-03-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
kevlarsjal2

Originally Posted by LoveHateWhine View Post
Hi everyone. Monday evening here - just put some vegetables in the oven for roasting. Still on the new diet but I am craving some "good" stuff like ice cream, chocolate peanut butter cups and all that. Sigh....

Been trying to fix my garage door keyless entry pad off and on all day. I know it is something simple and I am not yet ready to call a handyman. But it is frustrating as heck and I have come close to tears a few times. Finally just had to stop and give up for the day. Climbing up and down a ladder in the very HOT garage (instructions say you have to do it with the door down) was making me dizzy.

Today is "Day 3" of my new and improved lifestyle, and quite honestly, it is making me depressed. Not sure why. I have another appointment with my therapist on Wednesday after work, so that is good. We will discuss.

Hope you all had a nice weekend and since it's a holiday here in the US, we had a long weekend. Back to work in the morning.
Hi LHW! I am all for a healthy lifestyle myself. But I also made the experience that when I overdo it and deny myself all pleasures, expecting myself to do the right thing all the time, I end up feeling frustrated and depressed. Right now I do have a generally healthy lifestyle, I eat mostly plant based and lots of veggies but if I feel like having a chocolate bar or ice cream for dessert that's okay too! Or a glass of ginger ale while I make dinner. And every now and then I will just have a frozen pizza if I don't have the time or energy to cook.
Overall I still eat healthy but I don't expect myself to be perfect with it Life shouldn't just be about functioning but also about enjoying it and finding a healthy balance between those two. This is a relatively new approach to me but it makes a big difference.